Friday, November 8, 2013

Got my First prime 50mm..



Few Days ago,I got my first prime lens.."nifty fifty","Fantastic plastic" whatever you call it..it is the cheapest lens in canon's lens lineup as I know..
  I got it for  Rs 13 900 ( Around 105 $) in Sri Lanka with one year warranty..It is Equal 80mm with my 700D..I'll show you first few thoughts I put my fb page about it..

- It feels like it's closest focusing distance is too far for Macro..i think it's time to use extension tubes..
- After using my 18-55 IS STM,this ones auto focus feels more noisy and slower for me..video auto focus is going crazy..And one thing,you can't use extension tubes without electrical connections with STM lenses,not shure for all,but my one...this focus ring only sending a signal for motor..it's nice that now i can test my extension tube set..
- had some low light shots with it..it's really sharp and low light performance is good..but when it comes to lower than f1.8 ,it's bokeh's roundness is loosing..i think it is due to shutter blades..you can see if get closer to front element when if is in lower f-stop..another thing is it is equal 80mm in my crop sensor body (1.6x)..some times it feel more zoomed but it's ok i can go backward and have my shot..
- Just got my extension tube set and Keva 52mm UV filter for this lens.
      I have done some Testings with Ex tube set and I'll Post them later..Thanks..  

0 comments:

Post a Comment